(SSG) Community needs your support please help us to keep the server up & running. Each and every donation goes directly to the servers keep running up. All donations no matter how much or what the size are much appreciated. Click Here to Direct DonateDismiss Notice
Hello everyone (SSG) Community needs some dedicated admins if anyone are interested to become admin so feel free to fill up admin application today. Click & fill up Admin applicationDismiss Notice
Join The Special Service Group (SSG) feel free to fill up Member application today. Click & fill up Membe applicationDismiss Notice
Squad Update Alpha 11.1
It has been three weeks since Alpha 11 entered public testing. While Alpha 11 was in a relatively stable state, we released it without fixing many of the bugs you reported right away. Alpha 11.1 is a minor patch to incorporate those fixes. Some of the changes are intended to help with the balance of the game after closely observing gameplay these past weeks.
- Reworked bandage / medic bag code for better responsiveness.
- Fixed mods not loading if a clean installation of Squad was performed.
- Fixed vehicles desyncing between client and server.
- Increased speed of nametags fading in.
- Fixed a vehicle seat state that exposed soldiers.
- Fixed emplacement scope overlays not disappearing when the emplacement gets destroyed.
- Fixed scopes on heavy weapons automatically unzooming and other bugs with these scopes.
- Fixed being able to freelook while ADSing on scoped emplaced weapons.
- Improved INS player models.
- Updated AG 36 texture.
- Fixed LOD meshes on the M240 and M249.
- Several improvements on weapon animations.
- Fixed wheel dirt effects on US truck.
- Fixed a rare server crash that happened when a soldier was hit directly by a mortar smoke round.
- Fixed squad-members not being able to force others out of vehicle their squad owned by entering the vehicle from the outside.
- Fixed driving collisions on BTRs and the British truck.
- Fixed desert BTRs having green woodland periscope meshes.
- Fixed mines sometimes not triggering for some trucks.
- Updated Insurgent deployable razor wire to be double stack.
- Fixed collisions on a bush.
- Updated localization.
- Removed tracers from Militia and INS infantry weapons.
- Changed INS HAT to SKS as primary weapon.
- Adjusted cost of several deployables. TOWs are now 600 construction points.
- TOW rearm cost increased to 500 points.
- Changed ticket cost of vehicles:
- IFVs (FV510, M2) - 25
- Heavy APCs (30mm RUS APCs) - 20
- Medium APCs (M1126, 14.5mm RUS APCs) - 15
- Light APCs, MRAPs, AA vehicles, SPG Techi - 10
- Trucks, Technicals - 5
- Motorbikes - 1
- Changed Kamdesh AAS v1 to Invasion v3 and added a new AAS v1 layer
- On Chora Conquest v1 - replaced the INS faction with the Russian faction for balance
- Added Kamdesh INS v2, Narva Invasion v2
- Added Firing Range v2 with US/RU factions
- Fixes on the following map layers:
- Albasrah Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1, v2
- Belaya AAS v1, v2, v3, Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1
- Chora AAS v1, v2, PAAS v1, v2, Invasion v1, CQ v1
- Fool's Road AAS v1, v2, v3, v4, Skirmish
- Gorodok AAS v1, v2, v3, v4, Invasion V1, v2
- Kamdesh AAS v1, Inf, INS v1, Invasion v1, v2, v3
- Kohat AAS v1, v2, Invasion v1
- Kokan AAS v1, v2, PAAS v1
- Logar AAS v1, PAAS v1
- Mestia AAS v1, v2, Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1
- Narva AAS v1, v2, v3, Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1, v2
- OPFL AAS v1
- Sumari AAS v1, v2, v3, Inf
- Yehorivka AAS v3, Invasion v1, v2
Squad Update Alpha 11
Alpha 11 has arrived! We can think of no better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. With Alpha 11, we are continuing to increase the depth of vehicle gameplay, as well as expanding content for infantry. No doubt some expert squads will take advantage of combined arms tactics. Do read up on the changelog while you download!
Alpha Version 11 is now available via Steam. Please always clear your game cache in the game settings on every new build!
- British Armed Forces have been added. They are a high-tech Blue Force faction with a unique bullpup-style primary weapon, and heavily reliant on armored transport to move around the battlefield. Expect to see them make an appearance on a few of the classic maps and also the newly released Kamdesh.
- Dramatically reduced the ticket bleed on the middle flags and increased the ticket win/loss when an actual flag area is captured or lost. Neutral flag include a ticket gain for your team. There will still continue to be a "mercy" ticket bleed on the end flags.
- Increased the speed at which you get up from prone by 30%.
- Tweaked stamina costs for jumping, vaulting, and climbing.
- Settle sway time ha sbeen reduced by half on all weapons.
- Recoil animation for semi-auto fire has been slightly reduced for greater target tracking.
- LMG and MMG camera shake has been slightly reduced.
- Horizontal recoil patterns on several weapons have been reduced (tightened).
- Additional weapon recoil and sway values have been tweaked.
- Time to ADS on all weapons have been adjusted. Generally, iron sights are faster than all other forms of sighting systems.
- Non-ADS fire animation timing while the weapon is lowered or in a low ready position (such as MGs) has been increased in 3p to provide better visual feedback.
- Prone to crouch and standing animation speed has been increased by approximately 30%.
- Freelook recentering speed has been increased to be more fluid.
- Unregistered soldier and weapon based components when unused reducing the physics and rendering costs for these components.
- Reduced the amount of network ticking needed on weapons, soldiers, and vehicles.
- Reduced a number of unneeded processes when updating animation on the soldiers.
- Improved accuracy on detecting when to update the soldier movement component.
- Soldier bodies now despawn from the game world when the owning player respawns, greatly cleaning up the number of expensive dead bodies on the field. (Main bases now require a 30 second spawn time to ensure that the killer has a chance to verify the kill)
- Rewrote the burning system for performance and simplicity. Vehicle burning now starts burning at a preset threshold instead of relying on temperature calculations. This means that a vehicle...
Page 10 of 55