Squad Update New Commander On Duty!
Hey squaddies! We’re fresh into a new year and that means it’s time to take a look ahead at what that means for Squad! First and foremost, we’d like to introduce you to our new producer: Arnaud Lebesnerais. Arnaud has been with us for a little bit now and has been quietly kicking our butts back into gear, so we figured it was high time you got to know him as well. Oh, and don’t worry, your beloved UAV/Producer Phil is on-station.
We are both working closely to get Squad into its next phase so rest assured that you are all still in the same good hands as ever. I have always been an FPS fan, but our industry is still producing too many samey games and Squad is only one of the few pushing boundaries. So I can truly say it is an honor to join the Squad Community!I’ve been busy getting up to speed on the last year of Squad, which saw a lot of updates: entering Beta, the initial release of Commander, helicopters took flight, the Canadian Armed Forces joined the fray, the first batch of tutorials was released, and we even saw Territory Control, all the way back in… *checks notes* Was it really just June?! Those are some pretty big shoes to fill, but I think the team is up to the challenge!
Announcement Ssg Shutting Down Project Reality Server
- I think this is the right moment for me to chip in this current issue .I disappeared from the forums a while ago, but remained a senior admin and occasionally checked what was happening in the both the PR and SSG forums.
- I have an very important announcement to make,but first a little context. Due to recent quality accusations on SSG servers we, the senior admin team had a very lengthy discussion. This discussion was long overdue, as for months we have had problems with senior PR management and management of other servers.
- I even took a backstep from administrative duties to the toxic behavior that was created between SSG and PRTA, and especially the fact that the PRTA administrators were never reprimanded while SSG consistently got the flak. This game is very dear to me and seeing two communities fighting over the scraps of its left over was very heartbreaking, but I still supported SSG as I believed it was in the right.
- However, coming back after a few months, I was thinking that relations between SSG and PRTA & developers would have been improved. Boy was I wrong...
- The situation is depraved to the point where the senior administration is name-calling each other? Really? Developers are cleaning and censoring certain forums and people and name-calling others? They are even deleting posts that are criticizing certain servers, while other feedback forums are full of unfair and unjust criticism that remains un-moderated. So today, in a weekly meeting the question was finally asked. Is it worth it?
The unanimous decision is NO. It is not.
- I am sorry to announce that we have decided to shut down all the SSG Project Reality servers. It truly saddens me to say this, but I have been utterly disappointed in this community. When I first joined PR in 2015, there used to be 400-500 players and multiple servers. Jump to year past we merely have had 200 players on peak times.
- Back then the community was helpful to a new comer player like myself, but now it is become completely toxic. Developers have been taking sides for some time without any repercussions. It is therefore decided that the money and time spent on the server every month does not warrant the return of toxicity received from the community. I would say that even though there are still many good people in this community, they are not in the positions of influence that can change the current climate.
- This is possibly my final post even regarding anything SSG and PR. The server will close on 16th February,2020. I hope the remaining communities resolve their issues and save this great game which was dying for some time but...
Page 1 of 67